The Cyprus Community Media Centre (CCMC) is looking to recruit two enthusiastic interns to support its Communications and Advocacy Coordinator in promoting the work of the organisation and its members.
Main responsibilities (supervised by CCMC’s Communications and Advocacy Coordinator)
- Support the execution of the organisation’s social media strategy
- Assistance in building CCMC’s presence online, focusing in particular on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, and developing a CCMC Instagram account
- Maintenance of, and creation of posts for, CCMC’s social media accounts, including:
- Promotion of CCMC products and services across all its social media channels
- Engagement with users on social media channels e.g. responding to questions & providing information
- Assistance in reporting and analysis of social media data by utilising social media management tools such as Facebook Insights and TweetDeck
- Monitoring developments in the use of social media by non-profit organisations, and recording examples of best practice
- Identification of opportunities and networking prospects with potential partners and organisations
Required qualifications and competences
- Completion or advanced academic study in the fields of media and communications
- Fluency in English and a working knowledge of Greek and/or Turkish
- Computer literate with demonstrable experience and knowledge of social media and use of smartphone/tablet for photography
- Passionate about engaging with people and communicating across cultures and communities
- Dynamic personality with a willingness to take initiative and get involved in CCMC’s activities
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Capable of working individually and as part of a team
Duration and Location
The two Internships are for a period of three months (8 September - 5 December 2014), inclusive of an orientation week, with successful applicants working 20 hours per week. The Social Media Content Developers will be based at CCMC’s offices located in the Ledra Palace Buffer Zone in Nicosia.
Deadline for Applications
Monday 25 August 2014
How to Apply
Send your CV and a short Covering Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will take place the week beginning 1 September 2014.